Agatha is a three year-old German Shorthaired Pointer who was found as a stray in Northern New Jersey. GSP Rescue of NJ stepped in to help this sweet girl. Agatha was on stray-hold for a week, and then was spayed by the rescue’s vet in North Jersey.
On November 16th, we drove north about an hour to a turnpike rest-stop to meet a fellow rescue volunteer who offered to transport Agatha so we didn’t have to drive as far to pick her up.
Agatha had a stuffed monkey to help her heal from her surgery.
Once we met her in person, we quickly agreed that Agatha looked more like an English Pointer than a German Shorthaired Pointer.
Another fellow GSP Rescue volunteer who had seen our pictures of Agatha on our Facebook, fell in love, and decided to adopt her!
One of my students fell in love with Agatha and drew her picture as a gift to her forever family.
Just a few days later, on the night before Thanksgiving, the rescue volunteer and her husband came to meet Agatha, and took her home!
Happy Thanksgiving, Agatha and Family!
- 1 lb ground beef or ground lamb (We used ground beef)
- 1/2 cup organic carrots, diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup organic green peas (we used frozen)
- 1 organic apple, skin peeled, and diced into small cubes
For the topping:
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon organic fat free or Greek yogurt
- Heat up pan. Once pan is hot, add meat and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in carrots and green peas, and stir for one minute.
- Turn off the heat and add in chopped apples. Stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish, and bake in the oven at 300°F for 20 minutes.
- Steam or microwave sweet potato until soft, then mash with a fork. Add in one tablespoon of yogurt, and mix well.
- Add the topping, and bake at 300°F for another 10 minutes.