Happy 5th Birthday to our little Tennessee Whiskey (aka Wish and Wish the Fish ) You have matured such a great deal in the last year, but your BIG personality is still one of the most stubborn and vibrant I’ve ever seen. Your quirks and shenanigans bring a smile to others and your ability to entertain a crowd at a dock diving event without ever jumping in the water is an extraordinary skill! Thank you for challenging us on a daily basis to improve ourselves and for always making us laugh!
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cups organic unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg
- 4 Tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 cup organic all-natural peanut butter (no salt / no sugar added) – room temperature
- 4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup peeled organic apple (about 1 large apple apple) chopped into small cubes
- Organic organic all-natural peanut butter (no salt / no sugar added) – room temperature
- Organic Greek yogurt – plain (fat free or low fat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix water, apple sauce, vanilla, egg, and honey together with a whisk.
- Mix in peanut butter.
- Combine whole wheat flour and baking powder, then stir into wet ingredients.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 35 minutes
Use two parts yogurt to 1 part peanut butter. Mix well then spoon into an icing piping bag.
This boy… once again bringing me to tears… 47 days post rostral mandibulectomy surgery and Lager grabbed every size and shape bumper and Wubba we tried in the water with no assistance needed…He’s amazing! I can’t wait to see him competing in his first post-surgery event! Take THAT cancer! Thank you Chrissy and 4 Paws Adrift !
Happy 6th (ish) birthday to this sweet, brave warrior! Your kind and gentle soul is filling the hearts of so many with love and happiness. It is a miracle that you are still here with us after all you have been through. We are so grateful for our time with you. Keep shining bright buddy… We love you Po Po POtato!
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 2 ripe organic bananas
- 1/4 cup organic all natural peanut butter (no salt/no sugar added)
- 1/8 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Organic coconut oil non stick spray for cake pop pan
- Unsweetened Carob chips (melted)
- Unsalted organic peanuts (crushed)
- Organic whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Spray silicone cake pop pan with organic non-stick coconut oil spray
- In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a potato masher. Then mix in the egg, milk, peanut butter, honey and butter.
- Once well combined, begin to add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spoon batter into the cake pop pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake pops from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely
- Using a small pan over very low heat, begin to melt carob chips, adding the milk until you have a creamy “melted chocolate” consistency
- Dip cake pops in the melted carob, then roll in crushed peanuts, and lay the coated cake pops on wax paper. Let sit until firm. You can place them in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
Feed sparingly. When serving to my pups, I split a cake pop in half and give a half to each dog as an occasional treat.
Is someone chopping onions or are my eyes just sweating? This boy right here is my hero!
Lager… 35 days post-surgery (rostral mandibulectomy) … and he’s able to knock the bumper down, pick it up off the ground, and grasp it in his mouth while running!!
🇺🇸Truly 𝙐𝙉𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙋𝙋𝘼𝘽𝙇𝙀! Look who learned to eat on his own after he healed from his rostral mandibulectomy! This did not however come without much practice and some failed attempts and experimenting. Thanks to the support of Lager’s oral surgeon, Dr. Jennings, we were able to assist Lager in overcoming his obstacles in re-learning how to eat independently!
… Next step: Over the upcoming weeks I will begin land drills with a dock diving bumper to see how Lager does with grabbing the it from the air and out of a baby pool filled with water…stay tuned!