Who doesn’t like Cheese?! Cello’s Cheezy Cheez-Its is the newest recipe tried in Cello’s Cucina! As always, this treat is made with all organic ingredients, and is 100% grain-free.
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic tapioca flour
- 1 certified organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup organic finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp organic safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour and tapioca flour.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg. Then stir in the cheese and oil.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the flour mixture, and stir with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Cut out a piece of parchment paper to fit your baking sheet, and use this piece as your work-space.
- Next, place the dough onto the parchment paper, and cover with a second piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling-pin, flatten the dough very thin (to about 1/16 inch).
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer parchment with the dough onto your baking sheet.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the flattened dough into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave the treats in the oven to cool after the oven has been turned off to ensure they get nice and crunchy!
Storage: These treats can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Thank you so much for this recipe. We are sure to love these. 🙂
Thanks! Let me know if you try them – – Cello and Hooch love them!
These sound and look great. I’ve been looking for more grain free treat recipes. I’ll have to do some shopping before I can try these though…it’s a little difficult to find some of the different flours in our area, but I’ll track them down!
Thanks! They are really yummy – and smell great while baking! Luckily, the flour is easy for me to find in our area. I have read that you can find the flours easily online on Amazon – maybe try there?
Bentley wants to personally send a Basset kiss to you for this recipe. He promises to ‘hound’ me until they are made. ☺
Haha! Hope he loves them as much as Cello and Hooch!
Ummmm….am I the only one who thinks this looks like a good people snack too? Or does that go without saying?
Haha! Jen- they really do taste like human Cheez-Its!
On behalf of Bentley and Pierre, thank you very much! ♥
I hope Bentley and Pierre like them!!!!