- Chicken quarter (skin removed)
- NOTE: We choose to only use chicken that was raised to top standards (strictly vegetarian fed [no by products in feed], with no added antibiotics , no physical alterations, no supplemental growth hormones, have appropriate litter provided for comfort and to satisfy natural foraging instincts AND are 5-step® Animal Welfare Rated.
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 2 ounces of organic raw pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1-2 organic limes (we used 2 small limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- Add all ingredients except for chicken to a food processor, and pulse until desired consistency (we pulsed just until all ingredients were mixed so some pumpkin seeds were left whole – but you can pulse until all seeds are in smaller chunks, or completely ground).
- Remove the skin from the chicken quarter.
- Press pumpkin seed mixture on to top of chicken.
- Place chicken in skillet or pan and cook for 50-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches a minimum of 165° F, chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear.
- *****PLEASE NOTE: Chicken meat should be removed from the bone before serving to your fur-kid. Please also check all removed meat for small bones before serving.
BONE appétit !
I LOVE pumpkin seeds! This sounds yummy.