Week 11 Recap, and Oncology Visit #12
“A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.”
Week 11 Recap
We don’t have much to report this week other than Margarita had a good week so far and is officially moving into her last 3-week round of chemotherapy!
The sky last night was pink for Sweet Reet!
Oncology Visit #12
This week was Rita’s “off-week,” where she just had to visit the oncology office for blood work. Her test results revealed no abnormalities, and another CBC will be repeated prior to her treatment next week.
This Week’s Treat
Brian and I took Rita to Rita’s Italian Ice !
Rita waited patiently in the truck as her Pop was in line ordering her a yummy treat.
Margarita enjoyed some licks of a peanut butter milkshake!
Early detection is paramount. Stay informed, remain observant, pet your dog often to check for abnormalities, and take your pup to your family veterinarian regularly. If you are not sure how to check your pup for the more obvious cancer signs, click HERE for a comprehensive guide. Please also remember to take into consideration any other observations that may be out of the ordinary such as:
- abnormal swellings that continue to grow
- sores that do not heal despite antibiotics by mouth or an ointment applied topically
- weight-loss that cannot be explained by a weight-loss diet
- loss of appetite
- difficulty eating and/or swallowing
- bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- offensive odors
- reluctance to exercise or loss of stamina
- persistent lameness or stiffness
- difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating
As always, thank you for joining Margarita in her journey to take a bite out Lymphoma.