This recipe can be used as a cake, or for mini or full-size cupcakes!
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons non-GMO baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 3/4 cup organic molasses
- 1/2 cup organic safflower oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup bottled spring water
- 1 large organic apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan (or pan of your choice – we used a bone shaped cake mold) with organic nonstick butter or vegetable spray
- stir together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the molasses and oil until blended well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to blend well.
- Add the vanilla
- Add the water
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth
- stir in the apple
- pour batter into your pan of choice (mini or full-size cupcake pans may be used as well)
- bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean
- cool to room temperature
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until combined and smooth.
Remember to use this recipe as a treat in moderation. Too many treats can give your dog an upset stomach and create gastric intestinal distress.