Organic zucchini noodles cooked according to package directions, or make your own!
- 1/2 pound ground beef (I buy beef at Whole Foods and choose free range with no added antibiotics or growth hormones)
- 1/2 cup cooked organic brown rice
- 1 organic carrot, finely shredded
- 1 stalk organic celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped organic spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1 organic large egg
- 2 teaspoons organic ground turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees .
- Spray baking sheet with organic olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Form the mixture into mini-meatballs and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, or until well-browned and cooked all the way through (depending on what size you make the meatballs you may have to adjust cook-time)
- Let cool completely on a rack before serving, then sprinkle with Pecorino-Romano cheese