- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 2 ripe organic bananas
- 1/4 cup organic all natural peanut butter (no salt/no sugar added)
- 1/8 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Organic coconut oil non stick spray for cake pop pan
- Unsweetened Carob chips (melted)
- Unsalted organic peanuts (crushed)
- Organic whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Spray silicone cake pop pan with organic non-stick coconut oil spray
- In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a potato masher. Then mix in the egg, milk, peanut butter, honey and butter.
- Once well combined, begin to add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spoon batter into the cake pop pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake pops from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely
- Using a small pan over very low heat, begin to melt carob chips, adding the milk until you have a creamy “melted chocolate” consistency
- Dip cake pops in the melted carob, then roll in crushed peanuts, and lay the coated cake pops on wax paper. Let sit until firm. You can place them in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
Feed sparingly. When serving to my pups, I split a cake pop in half and give a half to each dog as an occasional treat.