- 16 oz fresh wild caught salmon (cooked, de-skinned and de-boned
- 1 organic egg – beaten
- 3 TB organic cottage cheese
- 1 cup organic plain breadcrumbs
- 1 organic carrot – finely diced
- 1 stalk of organic celery- finely diced
- 1/2 to 1 TB fresh organic parsley- finely diced (this measurement is for fresh parsley- adjust accordingly if using dried parsley)
- Preheat oven to 350 F°
- Break up /shred the salmon into pieces and remove any pieces of skin and any bones you find. I used my hands to feel around for bones, then used a fork to break up the salmon further.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the salmon, egg, cottage cheese and breadcrumbs. Combine well with a fork.
- Add the finely chopped carrot, parsley and celery.
- Use hands to mash/mix/combine. Mixture consistency should be the same as if you were making meatballs….not too dry – not too sticky.
- Press mixture into a small loaf pan and bake at 350 F° for 30-40 minutes, OR until center is cooked through and top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Then slice into sections to serve to your pup!
Freeze slices for up to 2 weeks if not using right away. As with any other treat, always feed your dog portions in moderation.