Ox-Eye Vineyards is located in the historic Wharf District of Staunton, Va. The Vineyard was named after the Ox-Eye flower that grows in abundance on the owners’ farm.
The tasting room is in a building that was originally built in 1904 and used as an office for a local coal and lumber business. The building also served as a scale house for horse drawn coal wagons. The loaded wagons would pull up under the building’s archway to be weighed by the Fairbanks scale.