- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups organic grated carrot
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c organic unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and ginger
- Stir in the grated carrots, and combine until the carrots are coated with the flour mixture and are not longer clumped.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs
- Next, stir in the eggs, water, olive oil, and applesauce
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the applesauce mixture.
- Stir all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a mini muffin tray with organic non-stick cooking spray
- Pour the cake batter into the cupcake tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
**Optional: When cupcakes are completely cooled, top with Cauliflower Cream Cheese Icing
This recipe can also be used to make an 8-inch round cake.
Recipe modified from Dog Cakes: Recipes for Every Occasion