- 3/4 c organic pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 organic large eggs (set one aside)
- 1/4 c organic peanut butter (pure peanut butter, no salt/sugar added, xylitol/birch sugar free)
- 3 c of garbanzo bean (chick pea) flour
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pumpkin puree, 1 of the eggs and peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour until a stiff dough forms.
- Scoop out some dough and roll into a rope shape. Thickness is up to you. Length depends on what size pretzel you want to make. Form into a horseshoe shape. Cross the ends, twist, and press them against the other side. See ho-to video, click HERE
- Transfer the to the prepared pan.
- Crack the remaining egg and transfer whites only to a small ramekin. Apply a thin coat of egg whites to each pretzel using a small pastry basting brush.
- Bake until pretzels turn “soft pretzel golden brown.” Bake time will vary based on the size and thickness of your pretzels, and if you want to keep them on the soft side or let them get crunchy. I made these pretzels about 2-3 inches in length and it took about 20 minutes in my oven for the pretzels to get to the color I wanted.
- The amount of pretzels yielded depends on the size/thickness you choose
- Recipe can be doubled to yield more pretzels
- I froze the pretzels and kept a few at a time in the refrigerator to keep them fresh