Gingerbread Man Cookies
- 3 cups organic buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until combined well.
- In a small bowl, stir together the molasses, water and canola oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour.
- Stir ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use a gingerbread cookie cutter to cut cookies.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your gingerbread man cookies on the baking sheet.
- Continue to roll and cut out shapes with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, or allow to cool in the oven (after you turn it off) for a crunchier treat.
Yield – Will depend on size of your gingerbread man cookie cutter. My batch made 30 gingerbread man cookies.
Storing – These treats should keep fresh for several weeks in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for approximately 6 months.