Sweet potato, fresh mint, and Granny Smith apples make this cookie hard to resist!
- 3/4 cups organic mashed plain sweet potatoes
- 3 TB chicken or beef broth (I make my own – but if you purchase, please make sure onion, onion juice, or onion powder is not an ingredient if buying a commercial brand). You can also just use water
- 2 1/2 cups organic Buckwheat flour (you can use garbanzo been flour as well – or if your pooch doesn’t mind grains, you can also use whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic mint
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sweet potatoes and broth.
- Add the flour, mint, and apples, and stir until combined.
- Knead the dough a few times until it holds together.
- On a generously floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 thickness.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Transfer cookie shapes to baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until dried, and just slightly golden, about 35-40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the treats cool in the oven for another 1-2 hours
Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Treats can also be frozen for a longer period.