The 2014 flagstone patio project did not hold up well, and our patio went back to being unsafe to walk on. When the bulkhead was being done, the flagstone was pretty much completely destroyed. In addition, we had so much more space, so it was time to look into something different.
Although we loved the flagstone, we decided it would be best to replace it with something more suitable for holding up tothe wear-and-tear of our pack of pups.
On our first floor, the kitchen and front bedroom, which we use as our Master Bedroom, was an addition to the original log cabin.
(Click HERE to see the construction on the kitchen, and click HERE to see the bay window installation in the kitchen).
While restoring the original cabin, we also wanted to be sure we “married” the addition to the cabin so that the newer part of the home matched the rest of the cabin.
Even the “easiest” of construction in this home has never been easy. This project proved to follow suit.
We “camped” out in the lodge room during the duration of the construction.
I’m not sure why I didn’t take pictures of the entire bedroom as I did all the other rooms in the house, but here is the one photo I did find of the bedroom when we moved into the house:
Although you can’t see the ceiling in the above photo, the bedroom ceiling was the only room in our home that wasn’t wooden slats. Here is the wood going up on the ceiling to match the rest of the ceilings in the house:
The original cabin is an authentic and historic log cabin – built with full cedar logs and chinking (the white stuff in between the logs). To make it appear “real” in the addition, we had to put up half-logs. You can also see in the above and below pictures that the half-logs are up, but no chinking has been installed yet.
Chinking going in: